What is IP address How its working?
If you’re a web developer or internet user, you’ve probably heard the term “IP address” and you may even have an idea what it means. But chances are, you’re not very familiar with IP addresses and what they do.
So, let’s take a quick look at what an IP address is and how it works. it’s one that you’re going to need to know if you want to work on the internet.
The internet protocol (IP) is the standard for how devices are connected to the internet. It’s an addressing system where computers and other devices on the network are given a unique number that identifies them.
This number is used by all computers and other devices on the network for sending information back and forth over the internet. This number is also used to direct packets of information to their correct destination.
Here is an example of an IP address:
- The first number is the network ID which is the local area network you are on.
- The second number is the subnet ID which represents the range of addresses that fall within that network.
- The last number is the device ID which is a specific identifier for that device.
The internet is made up of millions of computers, routers and servers that are connected to the internet. These devices act as “servers” and “routers” that help route information from one computer to another. Each device on the internet has an IP address, which is a unique identifier for each device. This identifier can be used by other devices to connect to that device. The IP address is usually assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Here are some of the most common types of IP addresses: * Private IP Address: A private IP address is used by your computer or router to identify itself to other devices on the internet. Private IP addresses are not shared with other users. * Subnet Mask: The subnet mask is a number that helps you define the range of IP addresses your computer uses. The subnet mask determines what range of IP addresses you can use on your network. The subnet mask is used to create a “mask” for the computer’s IP address. It prevents other computers from using the same IP address on your network.
What is Domain Name System (DNS)
It’s a protocol that lets users navigate the web by looking up website addresses using words like “www.google.com”. DNS translates these words into IP addresses that computers understand.
A domain name, such as “Mukhost.com” or “www.Mukhost.uk“, is converted into an IP address for the computer that wishes to access the website. DNS has been used since the early days of the internet. In fact, it was the first system ever developed for the World Wide Web.
Domain names in Hosting scenario that your web hosting company gives to attached with your domains. Her is example:
Comparison between Shared IP & Dedicated IP:
Whether you’re planning to launch your own website, use a shared hosting service, or are looking for a dedicated server for your website, you need to make sure you choose the best option. A shared IP is a virtual IP address which allows multiple users to access a website on a shared server.
Choosing the right hosting package for your website is crucial. If you have a small website Or A Blog shared hosting may be just what you need. When you choose to host your website with a shared IP address, you are sharing the IP address with other websites on the same server. This means that all of the websites on the server will have access to the same IP address.
Shared hosting is the most affordable option available. It’s also the most popular because it allows you to host multiple websites on a single server. However, there are drawbacks to shared hosting. The biggest drawback is that all your websites will share a common IP address.
If your website has a large amount of traffic, or some kind of big website like Ecommerce Shopping Store dedicated hosting is probably the best option for you. A dedicated IP address is a unique IP address which is allocated to a specific website and can only be used by that website. With a dedicated IP address, each website on the server will have their own unique IP address.
Dedicated hosting provides you with a dedicated IP address. This means that your site will only be accessible via the IP address that you’ve chosen. You’ll also have more control over your website.
Both options have their benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to weigh them up before choosing a web host.
Benefits of Dedicated IP:
- It can be used for different types of web hosting and it will ensure that the data and traffic coming from the user’s computer is directed to the server that is being hosted on.
- Shared hosting means that multiple users share a single IP address, while VPS means that each user has their own IP address.
- A dedicated IP can be used to host a number of different sites, from a simple blog to a complex e-commerce website.
- A dedicated IP address is a way to ensure your website is reachable from the Internet. It’s also a way to prevent any form of abuse.
- A dedicated IP is a special IP address that is assigned to a single server or a set of servers. It is not shared with other users on the same network. When a server has a dedicated IP address, it means that no other user will be able to access it. This also means that you will not have to share your IP with other users, which will save you money.
- A dedicated IP can also mean that you will not have to pay for additional fees when using the internet. The price you pay for your dedicated IP can vary depending on the service you choose.
- However, a dedicated IP does come at a cost. You need to have an account with the host to get a dedicated IP. In addition, the number of times you can use your dedicated IP is limited. For example, you can only use your dedicated IP once every 24 hours. This is to prevent abuse of the service.
- If you have an existing website or a blog that you want to monetize, you should consider dedicating an IP address to it
- Dedicated IP addresses are those that are not shared with other websites, allowing you to reach a targeted audience with your ads.
- Your website will be more efficient since it doesn’t have to share the same server as others.
- Your website will be safer and faster since it’s not sharing bandwidth with other websites.
- You can avoid getting blacklisted and shut out of the search engines.
For beginners, it’s best to start out with shared hosting, since they are usually very affordable. However, you’ll want to be sure you have enough resources to make the most of your investment. If you are looking to take your site to the next level, then you should consider dedicated hosting. It will give you more control and the ability to customize your website as you see fit. It also means you can easily host multiple sites on one server, which will speed up your site loading time.